Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

YouTube Terminates InfoSec YouTuber "LinkCabin" - My Open Letter To YouTube

I feel like strikes that were made on my account were inappropriate and false. I have had a YouTube channel for over 2 years and had no problems with my content. All of the content flagged was content over a year old. I was not told at any point what the offense was on my video simply that I had broken "Community Guidelines".

Now I know you must follow a guideline for the site, but all of the rules I read on the community guidelines were not broken, I'm not trying to "lawyer" my wait out. I have had no explanation whatsoever what I've done wrong with my content.

  • Appropriate steps were made to keeps peoples privacy
  • None of the content was copyrighted, all content was my video and audio
  • All 3 strikes were given in the space of 3 days
I know you guys don't have a lot of time, but it would be great to understand why. All my videos are related to cyber security and is a major asset to various people across the internet. Since the termination I have received a lot of messages asking whats happened to my YouTube channel.
I have been responsible with my brand and have abided to many of the rules that YouTube has in place, I'm unsure if this is someone being malicious by mass flagging my videos or whether this was completely intentional on your part.
My network saw no problem with my videos and has tried to be in contact with you about why you have decided to take action.
I would like to resolve this matter, as I put a lot of research and hard work int every single video I had for 2 years in which people were starting to see. Please don't pass this aside simply because this is long, it shows that I am passionate about my channel and what I do. I do not wish to loose it.

YouTube channel: linkcabin
Strike Videos:
"How To Use Havij 1.1.5 - Introduction to the tool (Part 1)" (http://youtu.be/5f_gSMSg5Do)
"Free Web Skype Resolver | Fast | Online | HD 720" (http://youtu.be/XBGaXGPKPmk)
"Unblock the PirateBay forever! - 90MB - thepiratebay.se" (http://youtu.be/QjRQzTHDkKg)

No comments:

Post a Comment